Sunday 4 March 2012

The Hunger Games series - District 8

Hi y'all, this is the next look in The Hunger Games series - my favourite look yet! This is District 8 and their occupation is textiles so I tried to keep a fashion theme running the whole way through and decided to go with lots of pinky shades. Please watch the video tutorial below or read the step-by-step one, also below. Thanks!




I found some amazing lashes with lace on them that link to the theme really well and I decided to do a sort of 'V' shaped wing liner because it reminded me of pleats, also related to textiles. I hope you enjoy!



Using an eye shadow brush...

...apply this colour all over the lid...

...using the same brush, apply this slightly darker pink to the outer corner of the lid...

...using a tapered brush...

...blend this colour into the crease...

...using this wide paddle brush for the brow highlight...

...and using this brush for the inner corner highlight...

...apply this colour to the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye...

...create a 'V' shape at the side of the eye, draw a wing going up and one going down...

...using a thin angle liner brush...

...apply this white eyeliner to accentuate the pleat shape flick... 

...apply this lace textile lashes...

...apply this colour for blush and contour...

...apply the coloured side, wait for it to try and then coat your lips with the gloss.
I hope you enjoyed this look as much as I did, the next tutorial will hopefully be uploaded tomorrow if i'm going to stay on schedule! I'm going to Paris next week so the tutorial after the next one will hopefully be uploaded next weekend. Thank you so much for reading, if you haven't watched the tutorial please do so above or by clicking the link here. Please follow my blog and subscribe to my YouTube channel, comment if you have any questions or anything. All my love, Peaches X

2 comments:

  1. i have just recently discovered hungry games in a book series! slow i know!! lol lovely make up look, you look very pretty! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I've just read the first one and i'm hooked, haha xxx

    ReplyDelete