Wednesday 15 August 2012

Pretty Little Liars: Aria Montgomery inspired makeup tutorial

Apologies for the huge gap between this post and the previous. This is the second edition to the Pretty Little Liars series and is inspired by Aria. The picture below in particular gave me most of my inspiration although I toned it done slightly as she's quite made up in this picture. Visit my YouTube for the video tutorial of this look and read below for the step-by-step tutorial and pictures of all the products that I used.


Aria probably wears the most makeup out of all the girls so this will be the darkest look out of the series. As you can see below, I've used more eye shadow and eyeliner that in Emily's look.



I have much darker eyebrows than usual as I feel it's an important thing that makes aria's face very striking. The lips in this look are a lovely deep red to contrast with the sharp black eyeliner which I extended into a long curl. Carry on reading to see the step-by-step tutorial below:


First, apply a eye shadow primer...

...using a standard paddle brush (eye shadow brush)...

...apply a light tone yellow all over the lid, I used Honeycomb from the Sleek Nude palette...

...in the crease of the eyelid apply this colour from MAC using the same previous brush...


...using a small, fluffy brush...

...apply a small amount of a mid-tone brown just above the crease line, this colour is again from the Sleek Nude palette... 

...then use a CLEAN and more fluffy brush to blend out the colour...

...next, using a flat, chubby brush on the brow bone...

...and using a tiny bullet crease brush  on the inner corner of the eye...

...apply a highlight colour for the inner corner and brow highlight...
...then apply a black eyeliner to the outer half of the lower lid right on top of the eyelashes...  

...underneath the black liner apply a line of brown...

...smudge the brown liner by using a flat liner brush, your finger or both...

...apply a line of medium thickness of the upper lash line and create  a curly flick on the end that follows the same line as your eyelashes...

...apply a mascara, I used this one because it makes your eyelashes nice and curly...

...apply a contour colour to the hollows of your cheeks, this pressed powder is from MAC...

...apply a blush colour, this is also from MAC...

...using a precise lip brush...

...apply a slightly maroon coloured lipstick, this one is called cafe...

...over the top of the lipstick apply a light pink gloss, this is from No7...
Thank you for reading this post, please check out the video too and support me by following my blog and subscribing to my YouTube channel. The next look in the series will be uploaded when I return from London in just under a week. I hope you enjoyed this look please please comment and tell me what you think, all my love, Peaches X

2 comments:

  1. Hi :) I'm just tagging you in a post on my blog, it'll go live in the next 5 minutes please check it out <3

    www.tanaramaparis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks hun,I'll check out your blog of course! xxx

      Delete